Correction of frequent malfunctions in android development. You will Solve well-known bugs in android development and Understand why LogCat is confusing when solving bugs.
Fixing bugs before creating App Course content
1 section • 16 lectures • 1h 18m total length
Introduction16 lectures • 1hr 18min
- Error 1. java.lang.NullPointerException. Attempt to invoke virtual method…04:19
- Error 2. java.lang.RuntimeException. Unable to start activity06:51
- Error 3. android.content.ActivityNotFoundException. No Activity found to…08:36
- Error 4. java.lang.ClassCastException. Button cannot be cast to ImageView…03:52
- Error 5. android.os.NetworkOnMainThreadException05:45
- Error 6. java.lang.SecurityException. Permission denied03:20
- Error 7. java.lang.IllegalStateException. You need to use a Theme.AppCompat…02:40
- Error 8. android.view.ViewRootImpl$CalledFromWrongThreadException. Only …04:40
- Error 9. kotlin.UninitializedPropertyAccessException. lateinit property…06:27
- Error 10. java.io.IOException. Cleartext HTTP traffic to info.cern.ch not permit05:02
- Error 11. Unable to create protected region in stack for implicit overflow check04:18
- Error 12. Application02:57
- Error 13. java.lang.NullPointerException. Attempt to invoke virtual method05:43
- Error 14. java.lang.IllegalStateException. Vertically scrollable component …11:18
- Overall conclusion00:45
- Know the Kotlin language, and have basic knowledge of android development
I am pleased to welcome you to my course, which is dedicated to solving common problems on android.
What is this course about?
In the process of application development, very often you may encounter a problem and not find a solution for a long time, despite many articles and the StackOverflow website.
This can happen because you don’t have enough experience in development and therefore can’t see the big picture. Or because you have never encountered such a problem and have no idea how to handle it.
It also happens sometimes that the error description in LogCat is not correct and confuses the programmer instead of helping him/her. Let’s deal with these cases further on.
This course can be compared to the troubleshooting section in the manual of some devices. This section describes solutions to common problems.
We will solve such problems with simple examples with a few lines of code. Because complex examples can be confusing on their own.
Who will benefit from this course?
This course will be useful for intermediate-level android developers. Beginner developers who have no experience at all will probably not be able to take it. You’re better off taking the beginner’s course and then coming back to this course.
Who this course is for:
- Middle Android Developer