APIs with Postman for Absolute Beginners. Learn how to use Postman to build REST & GraphQL requests.
What you’ll learn
- Create GET, POST, PUT, DELETE requests
- Understand HTTP messages
- Understand GET vs POST request method
- Work with real-world APIs
- Use Postman
- The possibility of installing new tools on your computer.
To work with APIs we will use the Postman app! Postman allows you to quickly create a request with the required HTTP method and parameters, set the body, headers, submit the request and easily inspect the results.
Postman can help if you are developing APIs as well! I have created this course for testing engineers and well for software developers. Postman can help you during the development of your API as well as after the API is completed, by running tests that make sure your API is still working as intended.
Postman has over 10 million users worldwide and continues to grow. This course will introduce you to Postman and is suited for beginners. You will learn how to build API requests with Postman, how to inspect responses debug any issues.
Postman has grown to be a complex tool that has many capabilities
So let’s look at what you are going to learn during the course:
- Start with simple requests
- Advance towards more complex scenarios
- Upload files
- Learn about REST
- Learn about GraphQL
- Work with real APIs
- Learn to deal with authentication/authorization
So after this course, you will have an overview of Postman and can later decide in which areas you want to learn more.
Excited to learn about Postman? Sign-up up today!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who want to get started with APIs
- Beginner developers who want to use APIs in their projects
- QA engineers who want to learn how to use APIs