Automating QGIS 3.xx with Python paid course free. You will learn to take your QGIS skills to the next level. Take your QGIS skills to the next level by learning how to write python scripts to automate QGIS.
- Using the QGIS Python console
- Using the QGIS Python editor
- Using PyQGIS to manipuate the QGIS interface
- Using PyQGIS to manipulate a layers symbology
- Using PyQGIS to manipulate a layers attributes
- Using PyQGIS to manipulate a layers geometry
- Using PyQGIS to perform spatial operations
- Using PyQGIS to access raster data
Automating QGIS 3.xx with Python Course Requirements
- This is not a beginning course on Python or QGIS. The student is expected to have some familiarity in both. The level of knowledge gained from my course entitled ‘QGIS 3.0 for GIS Professionals’ and Survey of Python for GIS applications’ will provide that experience but are not required.
Automating QGIS 3.xx with Python Course Description
Take your QGIS skills to a new level by learning to write Python scripts to automate QGIS. This course was created using QGIS 3.8, and the materials should have a validity period of many years because, after the recent change to QGIS 3.0, no major changes to the PyQGIS package are expected.
All this course requires is basic knowledge of QGIS and Python. We will use the editor that comes with QGIS to write the script.
Python scripts are much simpler than full QGIS plug-ins, and the material in this course focuses on GIS professionals who want to use Python scripts to increase productivity, not professional programmers.
In my work, I find that this knowledge is essential. I can’t imagine working in GIS without a certain level of scripting skills. I think you will feel the same at the end of this course.
Who this course is for:
- QGIS users who want to take their skills to the next level by learning how to automate their GIS processes and create solutions that are unable natively in QGIS