- Create a full scale social networking website like Facebook or Twitter, including features such as newsfeeds, profiles, friend system, chat system, trending posts and much more!
- Program proficiently in PHP, HTML and CSS
- Program using an OO (Object Oriented) approach
- Know how to easily use MySQL databases with your website
- Understand how to register domain names and put your new site on the web!
- A computer (I am using a Mac)
- A text editor to program in (I use Sublime Text 2)
Join over 5,000 students and be a part of this Udemy rated BEST SELLING course!
Do you want to build a social network just like Facebook?
If so, you’re in the right place! This course will guide you step by step in creating your own social network COMPLETELY from scratch.
We’re talking the kind of website that will amaze anybody that sees it. The kind of website that will get you hired in no time!
Why let me teach you?
I work as a Software Engineer at Microsoft where I build products used by millions of people all over the world! I want to take the skills I’ve gained through years of working with some of the best developers in the world and transfer them directly to you!
I’ve taught thousands of students here on Udemy and created some of the most popular development courses on Udemy!
Okay so what’s the course about?
I will personally guide you, step by step, in creating your own social network site just like Facebook complete with:
- Status posts
- User profiles
- Chat/messaging systems
- Friend systems
- And much more
Whether you are a complete beginner* or an experienced programmer, this course will be massively beneficial to you.
Why should I take the course?
If you take this course, you will have nothing to worry about because we use all of these skills extensively!
By enrolling in this course, you will have the COMPLETE support of a Microsoft Software Engineer (me). I’m always ready to answer any question you may have. Programming issues, errors, feature requests, general programming advice – it doesn’t matter, I’m always happy to help! I always aim to respond to questions within a few hours and it’s also worth noting that I’ve answered EVERY SINGLE question asked so far.
Future course discounts:
By enrolling in this course, you will get access to ALL of my current and future courses for the lowest possible discount we as instructors are capable of offering on Udemy – FOREVER.
The site you create in this course will be the highlight of your project portfolio! Any potential employer who see’s this project on your resume will want to hear all about it. The reason? They know that a project like this means you’re familiar with the wide range of technical skills they need their employees to know.
Finally, this project is a lot of fun and I know you’ll have a great time implementing your own unique ideas as well as the ones we implement together. What are you waiting for?
Who this course is for:
- Of course, you may pick things up a little faster if you have used them before, but at the start of the course, things are explained in ways that target people who have never used the skill before. Because this course appeals to beginners as well as as experienced users, it may seem a little slow paced at the start especially if you have prior programming experience.
- Bare with it though because it does pick up. If you are an experienced programmer, you may not learn much about the skills but you may learn how to structure a social media website. Some of the techniques and methods used are not the most efficient way to do things (e.g. we use procedural MySQLI statements), but in my opinion, they are the easiest to teach in a short amount of time and easiest to pick up having never used the skills before. Feel free to swap bits of code with your preferred methods.