Building a Discord Bot w/ discord.js, Typescript and Heroku. Learn how to code a production-ready bot by using the latest version of discord.js, Typescript and learn to deploy it.
You will Learn
- Build a bot using the latest discord js and the discord builders package
- Understand how Typescript can help us write better code
- Learn how to deploy the bot in Heroku
- How to structure your code effectively to build a scalable and production-ready bot
- How to add simple tests
Building a Discord Bot w/ discord.js, Typescript and Heroku Course Content
- Introduction –> 6 lectures • 22min.
- Setup –> 7 lectures • 57min.
- A simple ping-pong example –> 1 lecture • 12min.
- A simple slash command –> 2 lectures • 15min.
- Registering guild commands –> 1 lecture • 8min.
- Deploying to Heroku –> 2 lectures • 13min.
- Add command –> 1 lecture • 8min.
- Replying with a link –> 1 lecture • 5min.
- User info command –> 2 lectures • 23min.
- Poll command (collectors, buttons, and more!) –> 8 lectures • 1hr 29min.
- Command with API calls –> 2 lectures • 20min.
- Help command with subcommands –> 1 lecture • 14min.
- Adding self roles (permissions, custom emojis and roles!) –> 6 lectures • 38min.
- Simple test with Jest –> 2 lectures • 15min.
- Conclusion –> 1 lecture • 1min.
Welcome to this course! In this course, you will learn how to code a production-ready bot with discord.js and the recommended package to build slash commands, which is the @discordjs/builders. The latter implements a design pattern called the “builder” pattern, which makes it easier to build objects of classes. We will also not waste time and deploy our bot to Heroku as soon as we can. This is always one of the first steps you wanna do and we’ll do it with CD (continuous deployment) by connecting Heroku to our GitHub repo. Many tutorials out there show you how to code bots without a structure and deploy it.
In this course, that’s not the case! We’ll learn many things that will help you be a better software developer in general. You’ll not only learn to code a bot, but you’ll also learn best practices like creating a bot for development and another one for production. We’ll do it just as if we were going to build a web app!
- Reply to messages
- Create slash commands
- Create buttons and links
- Create message collectors
- Create embeds
- Create reactions collectors
- Create subcommands
- Get information about a user and its roles
- Add options to commands
- Add simple tests
- Deploy to Heroku and connect it to GitHub for CD
- BEST PRACTICES
This course is Good for:
- Advanced Typescript developers interested in learning how to build bots in Discord
https://www.udemy.com/course/building-a-discord-bot-w-discordjs-typescript-and-heroku/49b583e98559ec2977ab73f52294da72ecadc356Hash Code Work Only