Complete dbt (Data Build Tool) Bootcamp: From Zero to Hero. The most complete dbt™ course covering theory & practice through a real-world Airbnb use case. Continuously updated. Complete dbt (Data Build Tool) Bootcamp is a 4 hours on-demand video course that covers the basics of the tool and teaches how to build data models, create reports, and optimize data flows. This course is taught by a Microsoft Certified Professional in Data Management Solutions (MCPDM), who has over 15 years of experience in the field.
Complete dbt is a data build tool that helps users create and manage data pipelines. It provides a graphical interface for performing common data processing tasks, including importing, exporting, cleaning, and transforming data. Complete dbt also includes features for managing dependencies, creating workflows, and tracking progress.
Complete dbt (Data Build Tool) Bootcamp Course
A dbt platform is an amazing tool that can be used to create comprehensive data-driven projects. Through the creation of an exhaustive, real-world, hands-on project, participants will learn how to use the dbt platform in a professional setting. The project will cover both theory and practice, and participants will be able to walk away with a strong understanding of how the dbt platform can be used to drive success in their organization.
You will Learn
- Learn to use the dbt™ platform professionally through the creation of an exhaustive, real-world, hands-on dbt – Airbnb project covering both Theory and Practice
- Set up the complete development environment on Mac & Windows, Connect to Snowflake and BI, Configure dbt profile, and extend the IDE with dbt tools
- Learn core dbt concepts such as Models, Materialization, Sources, Seeds, Snapshots, Packages, Hooks, Exposures, Analyses, and write complex SQL queries
- Understand the dbt project structure and learn about dbt tips & tricks, advanced techniques, and best practices, extend dbt with your own/third-party macros
- Implement singular and generic dbt tests, work with additional arguments and default config values, customize dbt built-in tests
- Document your models and pipeline, customize the dbt docs page, and Explore and analyze dependencies between transformation steps
- Understand how dbt fits into the modern data stack, learn about the stages of the Data-Maturity Model, and well functioning Data Architectures
- Master ETL/ELT procedures, Data Transformations, Database Normalization, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Common Table Expressions, and Analytics Engineering
- Understand what is a Data Warehouse, Data Lake, or Data Lakehouse and when to use which, handle Data Collection, Data Wrangling, and Data Integrations.
Greetings to the MOST COMPLETE, CONTINUOUSLY UPDATED independent dbt™ (Data Build Tool) software course in the world – as of 2022!
Thank you for joining us for 2022 Complete dbt (Data Build Tool) Bootcamp: Zero to Hero – we are super excited to have you in the course!
The structure of the course is designed to have a top-down approach. It starts with the theory – all you need to know is to put dbt (Data Build Tool) in context and to have an understanding of how it fits into the modern data stack. We start with the big picture, then we go deeper and deeper. Once you learned about the pieces, we are going to shift to the technicalities – a practical section -, which will focus on putting together the dbt “puzzle”. The practical section will cover each and every single dbt feature present today through the construction of a complete, real-world project; Airbnb. This presents an opportunity for us to show you which features should be used at what stage in a given project, and you will see how dbt is used in the industry.
Among several other topics, the theoretical section puts special emphasis on transferring knowledge in the following areas;
- Data-Maturity Model
- Well-functioning Data Architectures
- Data Warehouses, Data Lakes, and Data Lakehouses
- ETL and ELT procedures and Data Transformations
- Fundamentals of dbt (Data Build Tool)
- Analytics Engineering
- Slowly Changing Dimensions
Once we understood the theoretical layer and how dbt fits into the picture, we are going to start building out a dbt project from scratch, just how you would do this in the real world.
The practical section will go through a real-world Airbnb project where you will master the ins and outs of dbt! We put special focus on getting everyone up and ready before the technical deep dive, hence we will start off by setting up our Development Environment:
- MAC Development Environment Setup
- WINDOWS Development Environment Setup
- IDE dbt Extension Installation
- Creation and Activation of Virtual Environments
- Setting up Snowflake
Once we are ready – among several other technical topics, the following features will be covered;
- dbt Models
- dbt Materializations
- dbt Tests
- dbt Documentation
- dbt Sources, Seeds, Snapshots
- dbt Hooks and Operations
- Jinja and Macros
- Analyses, Exposures
- dbt Seeds
- Data Visualization (Preset)
Once the theory and the practical stages are finished, we are going to dive into the best practices and more advanced topics. The course is continuously updated, whenever dbt publishes an update we adjust the course accordingly, so you always be up to date!
Who is this course for?
- Data Engineers
- Data Analysts
- Data Scientists
- BI Developers
- BI Analyst
… and anyone who interacts with data lake/data warehouse/data lakehouse or uses SQL!
Course Level Explained (Zero > Hero)
The course doesn’t have any expectations about your abilities and starts education from zero. Every exercise is an unavoidable step in your studies. In the same way, don’t start an exercise of a superior level without having completed the preceding ones: you will be in difficulty if you do so. Practice is the only way to learn and it cannot be taken lightly. We are going to be next to you along the journey and you have our absolute support!
When the Airbnb project is presented to you, you have to do it in its entirety, without omitting any guidelines and by understanding the objective. A project “almost completely” done is often a project “totally incomplete” for us. Give special attention to detail. Your only reliable source of information regarding the instructions is the pedagogical team, don’t trust the “I’ve heard”.
By the time you complete the course, you will be equipped with both a very solid theoretical understanding and practical expertise with dbt. All the fundamentals, dbt features, best practices, advanced techniques and more will be covered in our course, which will make you become a master in dbt. Are you ready? 😉
How to get help?
We just published our initial round of Discussions on Udemy which is the easiest and most efficient way for you to post questions, receive answers, and peruse questions from other students. If you have questions or feedback, please reach out to us!
That about wraps it up for us for now!
Once again, thank you for being a part of this course.
We can’t wait to get started with you soon!
All the best,
156 + Free courses Provided by Google Enroll Now
Coursera 1840 + Free Course Enroll Now
1500 + Free Online Courses of Udemy