Create a Third-Person Player Character Controller free download paid course from google drive. You will Learn Mixamo and Unity’s Mecanim system for constructing and programming your own third-person game character in this complete course.
- How to rig and animate a 3D character from a pre-existing library of high-quality, motion-captured animations.
- How to create a state machine of character animations that are controlled via user input.
- How to implement the Unity Input System.
- How to use Cinemachine to create a character following camera.
- How to program from scratch a third-person player character controller for a game environment.
Create a Third-Person Player Character Controller Course Requirements
- Working knowledge of Unity
- Working knowledge of C#
Create a Third-Person Player Character Controller Course Description
Any self-respecting game developer knows that getting their third-person player character right is one of the fundamental keys to a great gaming experience. Not only this but the controller, once developed, can be transferred from one game to another, making the code reusable and scalable.
In this course, you will learn how to put together your own third-person character from scratch using freely available 3D models and animations, which you will learn how to control with C# in Unity.
The idea behind this course is to take students through a series of workshops with the necessary tools to help them make a character, animate a character and program a character without the need of being able to model or animate and gain an understanding of the third-person character controller pipeline.
This course uses Unity 2020.1 or 2020.2, Input System 1.0, and Cinemachine 2.6.3
Learn how to program and work with:
- 3D Characters and Rigs
- Humanoid Avatars
- The Mecanim System
- Avatar Masks
- Animation Blend Trees
- Unity’s new Input System Package
- Unity’s Cinemachine Package for ‘Character Following’ Cameras
- Adobe’s Mixamo Service for Rigging and Animating 3D Characters
- Third-Person Character Controllers
- Mixing Root Motion with Physics Controls
What people are saying about Penny’s courses:
- Dr. Penny is a wonderful person and a true expert. All of her courses I’ve taken have been top notch and in my opinion there is no better teacher out there.
- Allow me to say how hugely important this is for a person who is interested in certain types of game design. Creating games where you can create AI behaviors that support emergent situations.
- I honestly love Holistic’s teaching approach and I’ve never learned so much within a few hours about coding effectively with such detailed explanations!
This course focuses on the building of typical third-person character functionality including jumping, falling, weapon handling, shooting, and taking damage. By the end of this course, you will have a great third-person character controller that you can use in your own games or adapt for customized situations.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner game developers who don’t necessarily have the skills to create their own character but are interested in alternative ways to use pre-existing models in their games.
- 3D Modellers who want to learn how to animate their characters in Unity.
- Anyone with Unity experience who wants to learn more about what is possible with the built-in humanoid animation system.