Excel: Automating Financial Reports with Power Query. How To Simplify And Automate Financial Reporting using Microsoft Excel And Power Query
- Basic Microsoft Excel knowledge required
- Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Excel 2016, 2019 loaded on computer to follow along with Instructor lectures is recommended
- Willingness to learn a new concept to automate your reports
Excel Automating Financial Reports Course Description
Are you working overtime, spending too much time on non value adding tasks to prepare reports?
You are looking for a hands-on, step by step course to help you automate your financial reporting?
You’ve found it here!
Microsoft Excel: Automating Financial Reports with Power Query is a custom-made online course for Business and Finance Professionals i.e. Accountants, Finance Managers, Finance Analysts, Accounts Executives, students, etc to automate the time consuming financial reporting process.
The course is based on a Case Study developed to address various practical issues encounter during the preparation of financial reports. It offers clear and simple ways to automate financial reports using Functions and Formulas, Pivot Tables and various tips and tricks in Power Query. Once you have grasp the automation concept, you can easily replicate and apply it to other type of reporting as well.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- use Microsoft Excel and Power Query to automate the preparation of financial reporting;
- learn the most relevant formula & functions and Power Query skill required by Business and Finance Professionals;
- save time from non value adding routine tasks and channel the time saved to perform more value adding analysis tasks;
- impress your bosses with timely and highly accurate reports
- Video: 22 videos designed to explain the concept with practical step by step instructions to implement the automation of financial reports using Microsoft Excel and Power Query
- Downloadable Excel files: data, practice files and solutions used in each lecture
- Quizzes: To revise and confirm your understanding of each module learned
The course has 4 Modules divided into 22 Lessons with 5 hours of video time. You can download the working files to practice along. The will be quizzes at the end of each module to assess your understanding of the lessons learned.
The overview of the course is as follows:
The objective of Module 1 is to learn how to manage messy raw data. You will learn how to upload and cleanse messy 3-Years Trial Balance and transform it into a database friendly format for ease of automation. You will learn how to perform these tasks using Power Query.
Lecture 1: Introduction
Lecture 2: Load & Transform Data: 3 Year Trial Balance
Lecture 3: Load & Transform Data: GL Mapping Table
Lecture 4: Merge Query: GL Map to 3-Year Trial Balance
Lecture 5: Load & Transform Data: Date Mapping Table
Lecture 6: Merge Query: Date Map to 3-Year Trial Balance
In this module, you will automate the creation of Income Statement and Balance Sheet using Pivot Table method. You will learn how to easily automate the financial reports with just a few clicks of the buttons.
Lecture 7: Creating Income Statement & Balance Sheet using Pivot Tables – Part 1
Lecture 8: Creating Income Statement & Balance Sheet using Pivot Tables – Part 2
Lecture 9: Creating Income Statement & Balance Sheet using Pivot Tables – Part 3
The objective of Module 3 is to automate the creation of a full Financial Statements comprising of Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement and Notes To The Accounts using Functions and Formula method. You will learn how to easily automate the create a dynamic financial reports with just a few simple and effective formulas.
Lecture 10: Creating Income Statement & Balance Sheet using Functions & Formulas – Part 1
Lecture 11: Creating Income Statement & Balance Sheet using Functions & Formulas- Part 2
Lecture 12: Creating Cash Flow Statement using Functions & Formulas – Part 1
Lecture 13: Creating Cash Flow Statement using Functions & Formulas – Part 2
Lecture 14: Creating Notes To The Accounts – Fixed Assets & Depreciation Calculation – Part 1
Lecture 15: Creating Notes To The Accounts – Fixed Assets & Depreciation Calculation – Part 2
Lecture 16: Creating Notes To The Accounts – Loan Calculation – Part 1
Lecture 17: Creating Notes To The Accounts – Loan Calculation – Part 2
Lecture 18: Creating Notes To The Accounts – Sales & COGS – Part 1
Lecture 19: Creating Notes To The Accounts – Sales & COGS – Part 2
Module 4 is about embedding future years data into the automated model we developed in Module 1 to 3. You will see how easily it is to load new dataset into the model and appreciate thee time saved from automation.
Lecture 20: Updating Year 4 Data To Financial Statement – Part 1
Lecture 21: Updating Year 4 Data To Financial Statement – Part 2
Take actions now to acquire skills that will elevates you from your competitors!
Click the “Buy Now” button now to make change happens!
What you’ll learn
- Build a solid understanding of Microsoft Excel and Power Query to develop your own automated financial reports
- Streamline recurring day to day tasks to automate financial reports in a breeze
- Strategize on data flows for report automation
- Identify and manage raw data efficiently including cleansing and transforming messy data into report friendly database
- Create dynamic reports by mastering PivotTables, dynamic formulas with INDEX, MATCH, SUMIFS functions and many more
- Leverage on Power Query to expedite on data management activities
- Wow your stakeholders with your interactive financial reports that will ease financial analysis
- Work efficiently, save time, no more working overtime and late nights for mundane recurring tasks. Time saved could be best channeled to value adding tasks
- Take actions to automate the financial reporting activities for a sustainable future!
Who this course is for:
- Business and Finance Professionals (Accountants, Finance Managers, Finance Analysts, Accounts Executives, students, etc) who use Microsoft Excel to analyze data and create reports
- People who like to learn how to create interactive and dynamic reports with Microsoft Excel
- People who are eager to save time by automating recurring and non value tasks
- Graduate students who aspire to become an efficient financial advisory professionals, consultants etc.
156 + Free courses Provided by Google Enroll Now
Coursera 1840 + Free Course Enroll Now
1500 + Free Online Courses of Udemy