Google Apps Script Complete Course New IDE 100+ Examples paid course free. You will Learn Google Apps Script New Version 2021 Create custom functions within G Suite Docs Sheets GMail Drive Calendar and more
- Create custom functions within GSuite Apps Docs Sheets Gmail Slides
- Explore how to write Google Apps Script Code within G Suite App
- Create Google Script to power Google Apps
- Create custom functions and macros for Google Sheets
- Add custom menus, dialogs, and sidebars to Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms
- Publish web apps — either standalone or embedded in Google Sites
- Interact with other Google services
- Build add-ons to extend Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
Google Apps Script Complete Course New IDE 100+ Examples Course Requirements
- Internet Access
- Google Account
- Basic Web development understanding
Google Apps Script Complete Course New IDE 100+ Examples Course Description
New IDE – More functions – Exciting new Course!!!!
Google Apps Script is a quick application development stage that makes it quick and simple to make business applications that coordinate with Google Workspace.
Admittance to worked in libraries that can truly control up your Google Workspace App
Interface Google Workspace applications like Gmail, Calendar, Drive, and the sky is the limit from there.
Connect with other Google administrations Calendar, Drive, Gmail, and Maps.
Nothing to introduce – code supervisor directly in your program
Your scripts run on Google’s workers
Broadening Google Workspace with Add-ons
Stacked with Google Apps Script Code Examples – 100s of code bits to do astonishing things with Google G Suite – Sample tasks to make progressed usefulness with Google Apps – Google Services
Add custom menus, exchanges, and sidebars to Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms.
Distribute web apps — either independent or inserted in Google Sites.
Make altered UIs that are straightforwardly coordinated into Google Workspace applications.
Lift work process proficiency when working with Google Workspace via computerizing or smoothing out errands
Interface with non-Google administrations inside Google Workspace applications, permitting you to recover or transfer information from those administrations into and from Google Workspace
Google apps script works the manner in which you expect and need it to work – its by a long shot my #1 coding language – assuming you’ve never utilized Apps Script, this is something that you should attempt. When you begin composing code with apps script it will make a huge difference.
Google Workspace administrations are administrations that let you access the information of Google Workspace items like Drive, Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, and others. These administrations are isolated from APIs made for those items; by and large, Google Workspace administrations are simpler to use than Google Workspace APIs, yet are improved for just the most well-known use cases.
Instructed by a Google Developer Expert perceived GDE – with more than 20 years of Coding Experience represent considerable authority in Google Apps Script – prepared to assist you with picking up making astonishing things with Google Apps Script.
Prologue to Getting Started with Google Apps Script
Independent versus Bound Scripts
Script proofreader and Apps Script Dashboard
Composing Code making Apps Script make a Doc with Script
What’s going on with Apps Script Editor
Making and Deploying a Webapp doGet() – HTML yield in WebApp URL
Arrangement of webapp Dev adaptation and Exec Version.
Google Apps Script Sheets Spreadsheet Service Class SpreadsheetApp
This assistance permits scripts to make, access, and alter Google Sheets documents. Access and make Google Sheets records.
How Macros work – creating Google Apps Script with Macro Recordings in Sheets
SpreadsheetApp Class – Selecting Spreadsheet to control with Code
SpreadsheetApp strategies SpreadsheetApp.getActiveSpreadsheet()
Choosing Sheets inside a Spreadsheet – Spreadsheet object strategies – Get information and substance of a Sheet into an exhibit. sheet.getDataRange() data.getValues() sheet.getName()
Independent script choosing a sheet by URL or ID. Rundown sheets – update sheet names sheet.setName();
Make New Sheets on the fly with Apps Script – insertSheet()
Sheet ranges – refreshing the foundation shades of cells, choosing cells and scopes of cells. getRange() getRange(a1Notation) A1Notation the default strategy utilized for making (and showing) cell references to different cells. All cell addresses in A1 documentation comprise of a segment letter and a column number
Get range by numeric line and segment esteems. sheet.getRange(rows,cols) range.setBackground(backColor) , range.setFontColor(‘white’), range.setFontSize(mySize+cols), range.setValue(total); getRange(row, segment)
MultiDimension exhibits for content columns inside the sheet. Get the reach update content getRange(row, segment, numRows, numColumns) getRange(row, section, numRows)
Troubleshooting and Dashboard settings
Sheet object normal strategies – getLastColumn() getLastRow()
Get Selection getSelection()
Scaled down App – Copy Sheet Data to other piece of Sheet
Get every one of the Data range from Sheet object sheet.getDataRange(); Returns a Range comparing to the measurements in which information is available.
Exchanges and custom UI catches – UI Menu inside Sheets
Annex Row – add new lines – Add column on top appendRow(rowContents)
Cell Formulas – spreadsheet.getRange().activate() .setFormula()
Custom Functions utilizing the custom capacity Using a custom capacity – Is Email smaller than usual App
Smaller than usual App – Copy Sheet to another new sheet
Adding Notes to Cells
Coding App MiniProject Challenge – Create a Custom Logger into a Sheet – track messages into log
Coding App MiniProject Challenge – Create a custom Prepend Function Prepend Row Exercise
Google Apps Script Docs Document Service Class DocumentApp
This service permits scripts to make, access, and adjust Google Docs documents. The archive administration makes and opens Documents that can be altered.
Bound Script getActiveDocument()
- Select and add Content to Body getBody() appendParagraph() appendPageBreak()
- StandAlone Script DocumentApp.openById()
- Add Body Content appendHorizontalRule()
- Create a Doc using Script DocumentApp.create()
- Get Doc properties add to itself within the new Doc
- Set Name Get Editors and Get URL
- Select Text getText()
- Translate selected Content to Spanish LanguageApp.translate()
- body.getParagraphs() select and update text within Paragraphs
- DocumentApp Types and setting of DocumentApp.TextAlignment
- Body Get Children getChild() .setFontSize() .getNumChildren() with loop to iterate body children element containers
- Style Attributes DocumentApp.Attribute
- Replace text body.replaceText()
- el.setAttributes(); using attribute object values and properties
- Clear body content
- Add list items
- Add Tables data types
- DocumentApp UI prompt and alert
- Active User Session.getActiveUser()
- UI DocumentApp showModalDialog() HTML output HTML from File
- Cursor position getCursor()
- editAsText() set part of text as bold
- Selected Text toUpperCase() getActiveDocument().getSelection()
- Adding Bookmarks with Code addBookmark()
- Insert Image into Document
- ReplaceText Exercise
- Exercise Sheet data to Doc Table
- Coding App MiniProject Challenge – Add Text within the doc press menu button
- Coding App MiniProject Challenge – Find and highlight text from Doc Content
- Coding App MiniProject Challenge – Insert Images in Doc content Insert Images
Google Apps Script Drive Service Class DriveApp
This service allows scripts to create, find, and modify files and folders in Google Drive.
Selecting files log all the file names from the drive
- Introduction to Apps Script DriveApp Service getFiles
- How to Get Files in specific Folder using DriveApp Service
- Create a File HTML file make files within your gDrive apps script DriveApp Create a File
- Drive details get storage Get info and gdrive folder Drive Details
- Classes File Class
- Trash files move to trash Send Files to Trash with Google Apps Script
- File permissions set File Access Permissions with Google Apps Script
- Class FileIterator
- Folders Class Folder
- Set permissions and remove permission on Folder
- Get details of Folder Class FolderIterator
- User Object
- Coding App MiniProject Challenge – create an app to list folder details into Sheet
- Coding App MiniProject Move File from one folder to another
- Coding App MiniProject Search files return file object
- Coding App MiniProject Add and Remove Editors
- Coding App MiniProject Webapp folder urls in webapp from Search
Google Apps Script Gmail Service Class GmailApp
This Service lets you send email, compose drafts, manage labels, mark messages and threads, and conduct a variety of other Gmail account management tasks. See also Mail Service, a simpler service that only allows the sending of email.
Mail Service vs GmailApp Service sendEmail(recipient, subject, body) This service allows scripts to send email on a user’s behalf. Unlike Gmail Service, Mail Service’s sole purpose is sending email; it cannot access a user’s Gmail account. This service allows users to send emails with complete control over the content of the email. Sending an email in Mail Service sendEmail(recipient, subject, body, options) getRemainingDailyQuota() Sending an email in Mail Service sendEmail
- Sending an email in GmailApp Service sendEmail(recipient, subject, body) sendEmail(recipient, subject, body, options) How to send emails – Sending Emails with Apps Script
- Create a draft email createDraft(recipient, subject, body, options) Drafts email in GmailApp Service
- getMessage() method in emails Threads within Gmail using GmailApp Service Inbox Threads.
- Sending an email from HTML template file
- Coding App MiniProject Use Doc as Email template
- Replace of content in email use it as a template
- Coding App MiniProject how to use Spreadsheet data list to Send Emails
- HTML Body
- Coding App MiniProject Challenge send bulk emails from list in Sheets
- GmailApp Chat threads
- Making a draft email
- Mark message as read markMessageRead(message) Marks this message read and forces the message to refresh.
- Add a Star to Message starMessage(message) getStarredThreads(start, max) Retrieves a range of starred threads irrespective of labels.
- Get user labels apply labels getUserLabels() Retrieves a list of user-created labels.
- moveMessageToTrash(message) Message object
- Search for message contents search(query, start, max) Search Gmail with the given query.
- Coding App MiniProject Class GmailAttachment – send and create attachments – Get attachments GmailApp Attachment Class
- access Chat Threads GmailApp class using Apps Script
- find messages – apps script GmailApp Search.
Google Apps Script Calendar Service Class CalendarApp
This service allows a script to access and modify the user’s Google Calendar, including additional calendars that the user is subscribed to. Allows a script to read and update the user’s Google Calendar. This class provides direct access to the user’s default calendar, as well as the ability to retrieve additional calendars that the user owns or is subscribed to.
CalendarApp add location to info Class Calendar
- Get Events with options
- Full day events within the calendar
- Add events with series
- Selecting Calendars using CalendarApp Class Code example
- Delete create and hide calendar
- How to update Google Calendar Name add Description
- Update calendar color , description and name
- Select and Update Calendar Events CalendarApp Event Class Examples
- Create Events
- Project – Challenge – Spreadsheet Calendar Lister – CalendarApp and SpreadsheetApp Project
- Calendar Event Guest
- Calendar Event Class using Google Apps Script
- Get Guest details – update guests add and remove guest class
- EventGuest updates Represents a guest of an event.
- EventRecurrence class set the recurrence settings for an event series.
- GuestStatus get guest statuses a guest can have for an event.
- Update RecurrenceRule which represents a recurrence rule for an event series.
- Coding App MiniProject Spreadsheet Calendar Lister – CalendarApp and SpreadsheetApp Project
- create Events CalendarApp within Google Calendar with Apps Script
Google Apps Script Slides Service Class SlidesApp
This service allows scripts to create, access, and modify Google Slides files. Google Slides documentation and features of the Slides service.
- Create a Slide – open by slide id
- How to use Slides Service Class SlidesApp with Google Apps Script
- Slides Bound Script Updates select slides within Google Slides and get Slides Update them
- Slides UI Add a custom menu to the active presentation, including a separator and a sub-menu
- A slide in a presentation. Class Slide
- Coding App MiniProject remove a slide from Google Slides presentation Remove Slide Button
- add custom menu options for Slides Users SlideApp UI Menu
- Presentation Class – appendSlide add Editor set Slide Background
- Update textStyle Background Color Get TextRanges Get Page Elements Get Slides
- Add UI menu button to duplicate Slide from Current Selection Code Example
- Insert Drive Images with UI button Delete and remove selected Slides
- List layouts Update Master Find text in shapes and remove shapes Source Code
- Coding App MiniProject Create a Presentation from Sheets Generate Slides from Sheet data – Project
Google Apps Script Forms Service Class FormApp
This service allows scripts to create, access, and modify Google Forms. Allows a script to open an existing Form or create a new one.
- Create a form create a form with Apps Script Forms Service Create a Form
- Add Items to a form grid items, multiple choice and date items
- Get Form items update
- Update existing form items with new values make required
- Add items to Form using Google Apps Script to Google Form using FormApp
- setup Feedback within Google Form Feedback Within Form
- FormApp Class FormResponse
- Setting form to quiz
- Adding Form Feedback
- Setting Form to Quiz updating adding Feedback to form choices
- Coding App MiniProject FormResponses into Sheet Project Get form responses add to spreadsheet Project
- Coding App MiniProject send Google Form Responses list them within a Google Sheet FormResponse
- Coding App MiniProject How to Create a Math Quiz in Google Forms Apps Script Quiz Generator Project
- Set Progressbar shuffle questions add Scale Item Examples
Google Apps Script Google Workspace services
Google Workspace services are easier to use than Google Workspace APIs, but are optimized for only the most common use cases. Coding examples of common Google Apps Script Services
- Class ContactsApp within Google Services Apps Script
- use LanguageApp Service within Google Apps Script
- generate Maps using Maps Service within Google Apps Script
- Google Apps Script Base Services Examples of Code
- Coding Example using Content Service with Apps Script
- Coding Example HTML Service within Google Apps Script
- Send data from client side back to Google Apps Script Class google script host
- Google WebApp Client Side data scriptlets services Host services Google
- Store values within Google Apps Script Class PropertiesService User Doc or script
- Create a request to http endpoint API using UrlFetchApp Class
Google Apps Script Common Services Mini Apps and Useful Coding Examples
Examples of mini projects and Code examples for applying Google Apps Script to Create added functionality within G Suite Services
- Coding App MiniProject Create Charts in Google Spreadsheets setup Sheets
- Coding App MiniProject add Charts to Slides Create Slides Presentation
- Coding App MiniProject Create PDF in Drive email as Attachment Slides as PDF in Drive.
- Coding App MiniProject – Docs UI menu Interactive
- Coding App MiniProject – Sheets UI menu button for advanced interaction
- Getting to know Sheets Simple Triggers on Edit and Change run some code
- Create a webapp onGet onPost Simple triggers with Apps Script
- Automation setup Triggers run code on events and regular time intervals
Creating a multi page webapp with apps script
Interactive Document custom functions Introduction Document UI File Docs Interactive Project
Custom webapp Quiz Setup from sheets using a web app
Explore how to deploy your apps script project as an Addon Extending Google Workspace. Add-ons are customized applications that integrate with Google Workspace productivity applications such as Gmail, Google Sheets, and Google Docs.
Taught by a Google Developer Expert instructor with over 20 years of web dev experience ready to help you learn more about Google Apps Script
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to create amazing things using Google Scripts
- Web developers who want to incorporate Google Script functionality
- Application developers who want to access the power of Google G Suite
- App Script Google Script developers