Introduction to Node-RED. Learn Node-RED for rapid prototyping and development of applications. This is a beginner-level course, still, prior knowledge of basic programming principles and electronic concepts is a must before taking this course.
You will Learn
- This course will teach you a programming tool called Node-RED which is used for rapid application development.
- You will understand the working of Node-RED.
- You will learn how to interface various APIs, hardware like Raspberry Pi and Arduino and cloud services with Node-RED.
- You will be confident to build non-trivial projects and problem-solving applications using Node-RED.
June 2022 Update
- Updated the Steps on deploying Node-RED on the IBM Cloud Platform
September 2021 Update
- Included critical update document regarding changes in IBM cloud policies for free lite account.
September 2020 Update
- In-depth Lecture on changes and updates to Node-RED (Version 1.1+)
- Updated the Steps on deploying Node-RED on the IBM Cloud Platforma. Node-RED App Configuration b. Automatic Deployment Configuration c. Delivery Pipeline Configuration
- In-depth Lecture on Migrating from Dark Sky API to OpenWeather API for Node-RED
- Updated the flows, to replace Dark Sky API with OpenWeather API
April 2020 Update
- Included General Updates and changes in Node-RED
- Included Documents regarding Updates to the Darksky API
Hello learners! Welcome to Makerdemy’s “Introduction to Node-RED” course. If you are looking for that special course that teaches you how to prototype and develop applications on the go, you have come to the right place. This is a beginner level course, still, prior knowledge of basic programming principles and electronic concepts is a must before taking this course.
Through an innovative pedagogy of mixing projects and concepts, this course will help you learn the WHY, HOW, and WHAT. To this end, this course is beyond a cookbook. You will always know WHY you are doing something. For the more curious learners, we have ample resources to dive in and continue your learning journey.
In just five hours, you will be confident enough to use Node-RED to prototype real-world applications. You will also develop an in-depth understanding of the Node-RED editor and learn to use the different Node-RED nodes present in the library. As a part of this course, you will be exposed to building flows absolutely based on logic which is how Node-RED works!
If you are a hobbyist, a student or an engineer with a basic understanding of electronics and programming, this is the course for you.
So, what are you waiting for?! Come, join me in this course. I am looking forward to being your instructor and guiding you in tinkering with Node-RED.
This course is Good for:
- Any developer or an engineer who wants to build applications on the go.
- An IoT enthusiast who wants to build an IoT application.
- Anyone who is interested in exploring the Node-RED.