Learn English for German Speakers. Fix your mistakes and sound more natural when speaking English. If you’ve ever said a sentence like this, then this course is for you! While there are many similarities between German and English, there are also many differences that can cause trouble for German speakers who are learning English.
You will Learn
- Common mistakes made by Germans learning English
- How to identify the difference between present perfect and simple past
- How to form questions in English
- False friends between German and English
Learn English for German Speakers Course Content
- Introduction –> 1 lecture • 2min.
- Lessons –> 8 lectures • 1hr 2min.
- Conclusion (Final Exam) –> 0 lectures • 0min.
“My actual chef works for my company for 3 years.”
If you’ve ever said a sentence like this, then this course is for you! While there are many similarities between German and English, there are also many differences that can cause trouble for German speakers who are learning English. Sometimes a word that looks like a German word actually means something very different in English. This course will help you sound more natural when you speak English and will help you to permanently correct some of these common mistakes.
When we learn a new language, it’s common to find the similarities between our native language and the learned language and stick to them, because it’s comfortable. However, this can be tricky, because sometimes something that sounds the same means something different, or just isn’t how an English speaker would express themselves.
Sometimes we don’t even realize we’re making a mistake because the word or phrase sounds right to us in our native language; this is when mistakes become fossilized, or impossible to correct because we’ve made the mistake so many times without realizing it was a mistake. This course aims to point out those mistakes you might be making (hopefully before they become fossilized) so you can correct them!
Topics you will find in this course:
– False friends: Identifying words that look the same or similar in the two languages, but actually have different meanings
– Letter writing: Read and correct a letter for typical vocabulary, grammatical and punctuation mistakes
– Grammar: How to form questions and the difference between the simple past and present perfect tenses
– Other common mistakes and the reasons behind them
– Quizzes to test your knowledge on all of the above
This course is taught by Chris and Amanda, two English teachers who live in Germany. Together, they’ve taken their combined 20 years of experience to create this course specifically designed for German speakers.
This course is Good for:
- Germans who want to improve their English
https://www.udemy.com/course/english-for-german-speakers/5ff41e97c078036548f88c209e20cf53c9915420Hash Code Work Only