Learn Experiment Development with oTree. From beginner to intermediate. oTree is a flexible framework that uses Python in the background and HTML/CSS for the user interface. Because of this flexibility oTree is a one size fits all solution to social science experiments.
What you’ll learn
- Developing single and multiplayer experiments
- Deploying experiments on a server
- Basic konwledge of Python
oTree Course Description
What is oTree?
oTree is a framework to develop social science experiments which can be used both online an in the laboratory.
Why learn oTree?
oTree is a flexible framework that uses Python in the background and HTML/CSS to for the user interface. Because of this flexibility oTree is a one size fits all solution to social science experiments. Once you have mastered oTree you don’t need to use any other experimental software again. Moreover, Python is rapidly gaining popularity in data science so you can use the same programming language to design your experiments and to analyse your data.
Why this course?
Because oTree is so flexible it can be challenging to get started with oTree. This course is designed to solve this problem by providing a step-by-step introduction into oTree that covers everything from installing oTree on your computer to developing experiments with complex oTree functionality such as LivePages.
What is covered in this course?
- Installing oTree
- Overview over oTree
- Developing a simple survey experiment
- Experiments with multiple rounds
- Multiplayer experiments
- Overview over the oTree template language
- User interface design with HTML and CSS
- Randomising the question order
- Experiments with multiple treatments
- Debugging oTree experiments
- Deploying the experiment to a Heroku server
What are the prerequisites for this course?
The course requires basic knowledge of Python. If you have never worked with Python before, check out one of the many free Python courses on Udemy.
Who is the target Audience for this course?
This course is targeted at academics, who do experimental economics or another experimental social science. It is suitable both for students and faculty.
Who this course is for:
- Experimental Researchers in Economics and other Social Science
https://www.udemy.com/course/learn-otree/7a0cdea0dd523b41647c08739607e94f32a058d6Hash Code Work Only