Mastering IELTS Writing: Task 1 GT (Band 9 Model Letters) paid course free. You will learn Eighteen model letter walkthroughs for IELTS Writing Task 1 General Training for the best in IELTS GT preparation.
- NEW FOR 2020: Live Monthly IELTS Writing Classes – Free!
- Understand the best way of writing letters according to their tone and purpose
- Learn how to identify and maintain an appropriate tone throughout your letter
- Use a wider range of collocations and expressions related to different topics
- Save more time in the exam by learning a variety of time-saving techniques
- Discover how a number of complex grammatical constructions can be used
- Learn a number of ways of linking ideas and paragraphs together with transitional devices
- Feel much more confident about tackling any task that comes up in IELTS GT Writing Task 1
Mastering IELTS Writing: Task 1 GT (Band 9 Model Letters) Course Requirements
- To make the most out of this course, you should also watch the main ‘Mastering IELTS Writing: Task 1 (General Training)’ course
- You should already have a general understanding of the IELTS exam
- You should already have an understanding of the different types of questions in IELTS GT Writing Task 1
Mastering IELTS Writing: Task 1 GT (Band 9 Model Letters) Course Description
**NEW: Free Monthly IELTS Writing Live Classes For All Students**
Sign up and open the bonus lecture (final lecture) to book your spot!
Do you struggle with writing letters in IELTS Writing Task 1 for the GT module?
Are you unsure of which tone to use? Perhaps you are not confident in your ability to maintain one tone throughout your letter?
Do you find it difficult to generate or develop ideas? Are you unable to join your ideas together cohesively?
Are you stuck with limited vocabulary for different topics and tones? How about your range of grammatical constructions?
I designed this course for anyone who answers ‘yes’ to any of these questions.
After seeing the popularity of my Mastering IELTS Writing: Task 2 (Band 9 Model Answers) course, which has been enrolled upon by over 10,000 students and has an average rating of 4.7/5, I decided to make a similar course for IELTS Writing Task 1 for the General Training module.
Throughout the course of each video, we will discover how to effectively plan our letter for each task, how to demonstrate a clear purpose from the get-go, how to transition seamlessly between sentences and paragraphs, how to appropriately use ‘letter language‘, and how to include a wealth of grammatical complexity without sacrificing clarity.
This course has been divided into three sections, with each section dedicated to a different letter tone: informal; semi-formal; and formal. Within each of these sections are six letters, and each of these section’s letters carries a different purpose and focuses on a different topic. That makes a total of eighteen letters!
Designing the course in this way allows you to clearly distinguish the different language used across the tones, and it also provides you with a great range of vocabulary and ideas according to different purposes and themes.
There are vocabulary exercises following each of the letter lectures which aim to consolidate the vocabulary you have learnt in that video. These will also provide you with a copy of each letter in document form. You can also test yourself with three quizzes – one for the end of each section.
This course works best as an ‘accompaniment’ to your main writing studies. In other words, to make the most out of this Model Answers course, it is strongly recommended for you to go through the original ‘Mastering IELTS Writing: Task 1 (GT)’ course before beginning as all of the letters here rely on the strategies, techniques and guidance taught in that course.
However, you can still benefit a lot from these model answers if you take the two courses at the same time.
And if you have any questions as you work your way through the lectures, don’t hesitate to contact me via Udemy’s Q&A feature.
See you inside the course!
Who this course is for:
- Candidates of the General Training module of IELTS only – NOT the Academic module
- Anyone aiming to score a band 6.5 or above in the IELTS Writing exam
- Anyone who is struggling to write coherent, well-organised letters in IELTS GT Writing Task 1