Selectors/ locators is at the heart of automation testing. Learning how to identify them (without relying on tools) is a critical skill to becoming an automation tester.
Locators in Selenium, Cypress, WebdriverIO… can be referred to as one of the most critical components required to build effective and robust automaton tests, in turn making your tests become allot less Flaky. Its ideally the building block of all automation tests / scripts. It helps locate the GUI elements through which multiple user actions can be performed. These are one of the important parameters for scripting, and if they end up to be incorrect or brittle, they may lead to script failure. A good scripting base foundation requires elements to be located appropriately
Tools cannot be relied upon, as they do not often provide the most efficient selector/ locator available. Identifying selectors/ locators is also a common question asked in coding exercise during interviews.
This course teaches you:
- How to identify selectors/ locators like a pro
- Understand the difference between the different types of locators
- The best approach to identify them
- How to write your own custom locators
- How to prepare for interview questions relating to selectors/ locators
- How to gain confidence in writing selectors/ locators so you do not need to rely on tools
- And more
By the end of this course you will be able to confidently identify and write your own custom locators without needing to rely on tools. This will provide you with the confidence and knowledge to write high quality Selenium test scripts.
Come master this core skill, today!
Who this course is for:
- Complete beginners with no prior knowledge on XPath and CSS selectors
- Manual Testers that would like to learn a core skill used by automation testers
- Selenium testers that would like to improve their XPath and CSS knowledge
- Selenium testers that would like to refresh their Xpath and CSS knowledge
- Anyone that’s wanting to learn how to identify elements using the conventional selector / locator approach
Joining Link : https://www.udemy.com/course/mastering-locators/