Process Mining with Celonis Snap paid course free. You will learn how to combine data science and process mapping techniques to visualize processes with real data
- Process mining
- The role of process mining in the broader context of business process modelling
- Applied process mining with Celonis Snap
- Hands-on practical experience with process mining use cases of various degrees of complexity
Process Mining with Celonis Snap Requirements
- Students will need a computer with access to the internet not only to follow the course, but also because Celonis Snap is a cloud-based application. Some familiarity with working with structured data is required, as process mining often requires a degree of data transformation before ingestion the data into the process mining application.
An important aspect for many organizations is the flow of work between different parts of the organization. Traditionally, experts would use business process modeling techniques to visualize how these processes should be. This is a very labor-intensive exercise. Moreover, in practice, the actual process may be very different from what is drawn on paper. This gap can be filled by applying process mining. Process mining uses actual data to visualize what the process is, rather than what the process is thought to be.
Process mining is a relatively young research discipline that sits between computational intelligence and data mining on the one hand, and process modeling on the other hand. The idea of process mining is to discover, monitor, and improve real processes by extracting knowledge from data readily available in an organization’s information systems. It is a tool to improve the design, redesign, control, and support of operational business processes.
In this course, students are introduced to the discipline of process mining using a healthy blend of theoretical knowledge and hands-on practice. The theoretical parts of this course are drawn from leading academic publications. The hands-on practice parts will be conducted in the leading process mining software application that is democratizing process mining for the masses, Celonis Snap.
What this course is NOT about:
– This course is intended to be hands-on and practical. Therefore, only limited attention will be paid to the underlying (alternative) theories of process modeling and mining. The focus will be on applied process mining with Celonis Snap.
– Although process mining overlaps with the domain of business process modeling & notation (BPMN), this course is not about BPMN. BPMN is only elaborated on in the context that is relevant for process mining, such as conformance checking.
– Although process mining overlaps with the domain of data science, this course is not about data science. Data science is only elaborated on in the context that is relevant for process mining.
– This course will not cover how to integrate Celonis with an organization’s information system and/or data warehouse as part of its information architecture.
– This course does not cover Celonis PQL which is a Query Language for Process Mining in Celonis
Who this course is for:
- This course is most valuable for people that work in an organization in which products and services are the result of processes that leave a digital footprint. Examples are supervisors responsible for: Assembly line industrial manufacturing; Coordinating patient journeys through a hospital; The flow of loan applications at a bank; Logistic coordination and supply chain management. This course will radically transform the ability of students to discover, monitor and enhance these processes. Other types of students that will benefit from this course are: Individuals with a background in process mapping and business process modelling (BPM). Individuals with a background in data science that want to acquire skills that directly contribute to the value chain of organizations. Individuals curious about process mining.
Process Mining with Celonis Snap