REST API Security with Java Spring Boot – What & How. REST API Security with Java Spring Boot is important to keep in mind when building RESTful services. A well-designed RESTful service should be secure by default, but it’s always a good idea to review and tighten up any security measures as needed. Java Spring Boot provides a number of features that can help secure your RESTful service, such as authentication and authorization, message integrity and confidentiality, and access control.
In this guide, we’ll cover authentication and authorization, message integrity and confidentiality, and access control.
The REST API Security with Java Spring Boot course is designed to help developers secure their REST APIs using Java. The course covers topics such as authentication and authorization, access control, and security measures for different components of a REST API. The course is offered through Pluralsight and offers a total of 12 hours of training.
When building a RESTful service, it’s important to ensure that only authorized users can access the resources. Java Spring Boot provides a number of mechanisms for authenticating and authorizing users.
One way to authenticate users is to use authentication credentials stored in a user database. You can also use token-based authentication, which uses an access token generated by the server and sent to the client as part of every request.
- This is NOT a course on how to attack API, but the course for PREVENT attack on the API
- Various API security concepts, threats, and threat prevention methods
- Learn about SQL Injection, XSS, token validation, JWT, OAuth2, and more
- The concepts and the hands-on algorithm is applicable to any programming language or framework. In this course, hands-on coding on API security will use Java Spring
REST API Security with Java Spring Boot – What & How Course Requirements
- Know about REST API concepts
- Hands-on coding requires you to know basic Java Spring implementation for REST API. This course using Spring Web for simplicity.
REST API Security with Java Spring Boot – What & How Course Description
In this 12+ hours course, you will learn about the importance of securing your API.
In this course, you will learn basic API threat and how to prevent the threat to protect your API.
This API security course is very handy for knowing the security knowledge to keep your API secure and prevent multiple attack threats.
Not just the theory of what are the threats, in this course we will learn the hands-on implementation on API security to prevent those threats, using Java Spring boot.
To understand the code, you must be able to at least write REST API and database transaction using spring boot.
- We will learn how to secure API against SQL injection, XSS (Cross Site Scripting), DoS (Denial of Service).
- We will also learn how to do encoding, encryption, or hashing on Java Spring Boot, which is essential knowledge in security.
- Then, secure your API against many possible alternatives for protection : start from the most basic authentication, cookie, or up-to-date JWT token (including encrypted JWE)
- Learn how to utilise Okta for OAuth2 authentication, plus multi factor authentication (using Google Authenticator and email) in less than 1 hour
- Not just backend, see how to protect your frontend (HTML / ReactJS) from several possible threats
- Learn abour CORS (Cross Origin Resource Sharing)
- Access control list
All you get in one API security course.
Plus, you will get FREE update FOREVER!
Who this course is for:
- API Developer, API architect who writes API as their part of a job, and cares about security (if you haven’t care yet, you should start care!)
REST API Security with Java Spring Boot – What & How Course Buy wit Above Link In Udemy