SQL Server Interview Questions and Answers. SQL Server Interview Questions with Answers.
What you’ll learn
- How to answer basic SQL Server interview questions around Normalization,De-normalization,First/Second/Third Normal forms,OLTP and OLAP.
- Comparison SQL Server interview questions around Primary key vs Unique key,Char vs Nchar,Char vs Varchar,Clustered vs Non-clustered,Insteadof vs After triggers
- SQL Query writing questions around Inner joins,Left joins,Right joins,Outer joins , Cross joins ,Union vs Union All,Subqueries & Co-related Queries
- Tricky Questions around Join vs Subquery,Group by,Having vs Where,Identity columns,Transactions, Aggregate functions, Sorting and Distinct keyword
- Extensive explanation of tricky questions like Select top nth Salary,joins vs Subquery,Self joins,Nulls,Wild cards,Alias & Top keyword
- Basic SQL Server knowledge
SQL Server Interview Questions and Answers Course Description
If you are looking forward to crack SQL Server interviews then you are at the right course.
Working in SQL Server and cracking SQL Server interviews are different ball game. Normally SQL Server professionals work on repetitive tasks like back ups , custom reporting and so on. So when they are asked simple questions like Normalization , types of triggers they FUMBLE.
Its not that they do not know the answer , its just that they need a revision. That’s what this course exactly does. Its prepares you for SQL Server interview in 2 days.
Below are the list of questions with answers , demonstration and detailed explanation. Happy learning. Happy job hunting.
SQL Interview Questions & Answers – Part 1 :-
- Question 1 :- Explain normalization ?
- Question 2 :- How to implement normalization ?
- Question 3 :- What is denormalization ?
- Question 4 :- Explain OLTP vs OLAP ?
- Question 5 :- Explain 1st,2nd and 3rd Normal form ?
- Question 6 :- Primary Key vs Unique key ?
- Question 7 :- Differentiate between Char vs Varchar ?
- Question 8 :- Differentiate between Char vs NChar ?
- Question 9 :- Whats the size of Char vs NChar ?
- Question 10 :- What is the use of Index ?
- Question 11 :- How does it make search faster?
- Question 12 :- What are the two types of Indexes ?
- Question 13 :- Clustered vs Non-Clustered index
- Question 14 :- Function vs Stored Procedures
- Question 15 :- What are triggers and why do you need it ?
- Question 16 :- What are types of triggers ?
- Question 17 :- Differentiate between After trigger vs Instead Of ?
- Question 18 :- What is need of Identity ?
- Question 19 :- Explain transactions and how to implement it ?
- Question 20 :- What are inner joins ?
- Question 21 :- Explain Left join ?
- Question 22 :- Explain Right join ?
- Question 23 :- Explain Full outer joins ?
- Question 24 :- Explain Cross joins ?
SQL Interview Questions & Answers – Part 2 :-
- Question 25:-Why do we need UNION ?
- Question 26:-Differentiate between Union vs Union All ?
- Question 27:-can we have unequal columns in Union?
- Question 28:-Can column have different data types in Union ?
- Question 29:- Which Aggregate function have you used ?
- Question 30:- When to use Group by ?
- Question 31:- Can we select column which is not part of group by ?
- Question 32:- What is having clause ?
- Question 33:- Having clause vs Where clause
- Question 34:- How can we sort records ?
- Question 35:- Whats the default sort ?
- Question 36:- How can we remove duplicates ?
- Question 37:- Select the first top X records ?
- Question 38:- How to handle NULLS ?
- Question 39:- What is use of wild cards ?
- Question 40:- What is the use of Alias ?
- Question 41:- How to write a case statement ?
- Question 42:- What is self reference tables ?
- Question 43:- What is self join ?
- Question 44:- Explain the between clause ?
SQL Interview Questions & Answers – Part 3 :-
- Question 45:- Explain SubQuery?
- Question 46:- Can inner Subquery return multiple results?
- Question 47:- What is Co-related Query?
- Question 48:- Differentiate between Joins and SubQuery?
- Question 49:- Performance Joins vs SubQuery?
SQL Interview Questions & Answers – Part 4 :-
- Question 50:- Find NTH Highest Salary in SQL.
SQL Interview Questions & Answers – Part 5
- Question 51:- Select the top nth highest salary using correlated Queries?
- Question 52:- Select top nth using using TSQL
- Question 53:- Performance comparison of all the methods.
Who this course is for:
- Developers who are looking to crack SQL Server interviews