Structural Steel Design: Learn the Principles of Design. Understand the foundations and design a laterally supported steel element with ease (bending, axial, and shear)
- The basics of structural loading and limit state design
- The advantages, and disadvantages, of using structural steelwork
- An understanding of the failure modes in bending, axial, shear and lateral torsional buckling (LTB is introduced only)
- Examples of how to calculate the design resistance against bending, shear, axial and combined failure (lateral torsional buckling calculations are beyond this course)
Structural Steel Design: Learn the Principles of Design Course Requirements
- Basic structural mathematics
Structural Steel Design: Learn the Principles of Design Course Description
The world of engineering can be both fascinating and daunting for newcomers!
That is why I have created this beginner course to introduce you to the basics of steel design in a more welcoming way. Please note the course is in metric units and will often reference the Eurocode.
If you are looking for a solid introduction to, or refresher on, steel design where we run through:
- When to use steel
- How it fails
- Different loading conditions
- Lateral Restraint
- Stress/Strain and yield strengths
- Bending, Axial and Shear Resistance (including an example of each)
- Combined Axial and Bending Resistance (including example)
Then this course may be for you! I focus on not only running through the theory, but also real world considerations that are not often found in the text books.
I have also included examples on bending, shear and axial failure as well as introducing you to lateral torsional buckling (we’ll only run through what LTB is, the calculations are a bit too advanced for here).
This course has been specifically designed to give value to you, the student, and lifetime access means you will receive all future updates and additions free of charge.
If you are not 100% sure this course is for you, feel free to take a look around. If you are not convinced, there is a 30 day money back guarantee with no hard feelings or questions asked.
Thanks for taking the time to view this course, and I hope to see you in there!!
Who this course is for:
- This course was designed to benefit anyone involved in the construction industry.
- Structural engineers ranging from the novice to intermediate level.
- Other professionals within the industry such as architects, contractors and project managers looking to increase their design knowledge.