Tableau Desktop : Hands-on Dashboards + SQL for Beginners. How is this course different from Tableau? If you already know how to create great-looking dashboards, write SQL, and explain the meaning of data, you are one of the best data professionals. Since you are reading the description of this course, you probably want to improve your skills in one or more of these areas.
If that’s the case, you’re looking for the right course on Udemy. This course takes a unique and holistic approach to develop practical skills valued by employers. What skills will you develop?
- Create awesome dashboards – Not everyone is a designer. I get it. It takes creativity and a design process to create great dashboards. The other (secret) method is to pay attention to Section 5 of this course. In section 5, we provided you with a “repeatable” framework for your board layout. We’ll cover things like how to do the board layout, select a graphic, and understand how little formatting details make a big difference.
- Write the SQL code: Your data is in a database and you know that a “select” statement can get data. You must understand how to “join” tables.
- Understand and explain data: we are inundated with data. As cool as “big data” sounds, I have yet to see a data analyst get extra points for analyzing extra terabytes of data. What matters most is the ability to separate information from noise, provide context, and clearly communicate findings from it. 4. Hands-on Tableau: Tableau takes a unique approach to data science and visualization. In this beginner’s course, we will understand how to create a data source, charts, and dashboards.
In short, this course will give you all the skills and confidence you need to improve your Tableau and data skills.
- Learn to build sleek and professional looking interactive Tableau dashboards
- Understand data analysis basics – aggregation, filtering, sorting, and merging data sets
- Learn to write SQL code, joins, and understand data relationships
- Learn data visualization design best practices with actionable framework and tips
- Understand advanced topics like order of operations, performance optimization, animation, blending, data interpreter
- Learn basics of statistics and apply the theory to create a box-and-whisker chart
- Use MapBox API to create a custom map look.
- Build more than 12 charts in 7 labs including bar, line, combination, map, histogram, etc.